Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Driving through Utah

Yesterday I returned from a short vacation through Southern Utah, this is what I have to say about it:

1. HOT ...super, super heat with cars overheating everywhere. Luckily Dingo and I were not among them, we suffered with lower air-conditioning and lots of drinks.

2. Weirdly enough, we drove into a storm near Price, Utah that dropped a tornado behind us. This information was discovered (luckily) after returning to the safety of my apartment and watching the news.

3. If you ever need to take great photos of abandoned motels, take the business loop through Green River, Utah. But, beware ..it may give you a sense of desolation in the pit of your stomach that you really don't need.

4. Is it just me or does driving in 100 degree heat, without cloud cover, on 100 mile desert stretches, on a motorcycle, in shorts sound like a NOT so great idea!? ...PS, Dingo and I were not on a motorcycle.

5. Love the desert in the spring and fall, but it's a bit intimidating in July!!

Here are some shots from the road:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great vistas, clouds! Glad you survived the heat.
See you SOON!
xoxox
Mom