Friday, August 01, 2008

Coney Island the wrong way.


I had been having a bit of stress fueled doubt about my decision until today when I ventured out of the apartment complex and Dingo and I attempted to drive to Coney Island ..drive you say? Isn't that sacreligeous of the New York lifestyle?? Well yes, as I was lost and agressively driving through one way people filled streets in downtown Brooklyn while I feebly attempted to find my bank. I realized then that Dingo would be exploring a small area encompassing our new apartment and an occasional taxi ride and that I would be exploring a rather larger circle via public transportation. I was not entirely naive as you may be thinking right now about New York transportation, I was just hopeful of a dual trip to Coney Island for the day!
After this failed attempt at coastal ocean views we settled on Fort Greene Park which was an oasis of shade, grass and tennis ..my new favorite sport. I found a comfortable calm in the city, lost my recent doubt and learned that you need to have a permit to play tennis in the city! Good to know.

2 comments:

Erin said...

now do you have to have a permit to play tennis at any public park?

Sarah said...

Yep, but after you buy one permit you have access to all public tennis courts in all 5 boroughs!