Sunday, August 10, 2008

The internship begins...


So it has finally begun, this mythtical internship of so much patience, debate and unreserved excitement. I started this last wednesday and haven't really had much time to sit down since. The internship is within the TR design area for Tracy Reese. There are three lines being produced for each season in this office, and a wonderfully inspiring work area to do it in! Here are a few random things that have to do with my short first week:

* I learned how to dye loads of fabric using a washing machine.
* My thoughts tend to have an english accent when I leave work every day because I talk alot with Sophie from Northern England.
* I run tons of errands ..up and down and up and down..
* I'm finding all sorts of wonderful fabric stores in the area to go to on weekends!
* I'm continually inspired (yay!)
* Tom Cody, Phillip Lim and Peter Som are also in the same building.
* My pedometer says that I walk just under 10 miles a day, and my feet hurt ..alot!
* I'm getting used to bad smells, but not to things that drip on you when you walk down the street.
* I now understand why people are irritated with the summer due to it's tourists! ..especially when I need to run down the street to by dye for a rushed project.
* I am learning so much about the industry ..me the smiling sponge!
* As of last night, I now know that the lower east side is one giant bar!

The view from TR Designs..


My friend Bekah and I just getting off work on friday!

Bryant Park fountain, I walk past twice a day, my subway entrance is right here!

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I loved reading this! I'm so excited for you! ~Tasha