Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hiking

Many of the major moves that I have done in my life have happened in January. An interesting time to land in a new place. My move home was one of these moves. I was so excited to get outside that Ryan and I started hiking the local canyons in the snow. Now that the weather is getting better and land is getting green, we are not the only people on the trail.

A few weeks ago, I decided to introduce Ryan to Logan, Utah and one of my favorite hikes in Logan Canyon; Spring Creek Trail.



This short, steep hike wanders up the canyon wall and curves through a large, fossil filled rockslide before shooting straight back down into Stillwater Campground.



This Cairn was waiting for us when we arrived.



This is the type of fossils that can be found in the rockslide. Unfortunately, this rock was too big to carry out with us.



This rock was much smaller and easier to pack out, we gave it to my mom for Mother's Day.

It was a beautiful day to be introduced to Logan, and Ryan enjoyed the hike, the moose we ran into near the rockslide, and the tiny camo hat we found at the campground.



"Winner, Winner, Turkey Dinner!"

No comments: