Sunday, May 30, 2010

Wagons West



So aside from the photo of the Great Salt Lake, it may not be apparent that I have moved out of New York and back out west. Well, I did (smile) and I love it! Being in New York was a mixed experience for me. For a while I was overjoyed to be there, loving the sights, shopping, and easy transportation. I relished the freedom and opportunity that the city had to offer. Then, as money got tight and my dream job was unreachable due to the climate of the economy, I grew to see it for what it really was. And then I started to feel stuck and unhappy. The realizations that I came to are as follows:

1.) I am not a city girl. I thought that I was, but no, I am a country girl and I am proud of it.

2.) New York is too far away from my family. Yes, my sister is still in St. Louis, but that is still accessable, and 2 out of 4 is far better than none. We have more opportunity to all be together.

3.) My mental happiness can be gaged by how much outside time I get. Winter is low. Summer is high:)

4.) I'm a much simpler person that the people of New York.

5.) Quiet is wonderful!!!

6.) Driving, also wonderful.

That isn't the whole list, but for now it will do to get me back connected with this blog and you who read it.

1 comment:

sachin said...

awesome pics :)