Monday, August 02, 2010

Crystal Mining; Crystal Park, Montana

My travel virus is back, and aside from work and sleep, all I want to do is drive to all of the cool places that are once again within a days drive of where I live. Montana, which is absolutely beautiful this time of year, is one of those destinations. 5+ hours north of my house, my mom, my good friend Peri and I found ourselves in the middle of the Beaverhead National Forest digging at Crystal Park for Amethyst Crystals!! Awesome. Add a few hot-springs, throw in a grand lodge built by the heiress to Proctor and Gamble, a multitude of mounted animals and you have yourself a proper Montana vacation. Hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them:)


Our first cabin ...nice from this viewpoint, but scary on the inside.

Max, guarding breakfast!! ..he kept trying to lure Dingo into the kitchen.

Friendly, stuffed elk.

Digging at Crystal Park!!

Miss Peri Spencer ...finest Idaho girl to ever land in Texas!

The diggy-diggys and the cheerleader beer: helping people find crystals for years.

Booty.

:) :) :) :)

No comments: