Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Enjoying employment.

Not sure why, but I have put off this blog for a bit. Maybe it's because I am at work so much that I feel like blogging about other things. A conflict of secrecy also clouds about the room because I design things, and they aren't sold yet, so I cannot publish photos of what I am working on.

I was hired a few months ago as an Assistant Designer/Pattern Drafter for a very fun company called Little Adventures. We create washable, wearable children's costumes. I happily spend my working days ruffling puffy skirts and applying sequin.

Here are a few photos from the office.


One of many machines I sew samples on ...file this under job perk!!

Miles of sparkly sequin trim from China ..3 cents/yd.

Hot pink serger thread ..a staple at Little Adventures, how perfect!!
Sewing machine refuse ...lots of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweets!
What happens to the refuse?
xoxox
Mom

Sarah K said...

Refuse fills box, box gets full, box gets dumped into dumbster...