Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day hike.

For Father's Day this year Ryan, Dingo and I drove to Evanston (are any of you surprised by this by now?) and spent a beautiful day with my parents and the Wasatch National Forest!! We cooked a great breakfast ...including made-from-scratch Hollandaise sauce, walked up on the ridge above the house and then took a longer hike through Christmas Meadows. Here are some photos from the trail:


My mom and me!! ..she's still healing from surgery, so it was a hard hike for her. Kudos, mom!!

Ryan, enjoying the scenery.

Dingo, doing the same...

The scenery!! ..or, the view down the valley.
Side note: this is a really good example of what I missed while I was living elsewhere.


My dad ..it was Father's Day, of course he was there! He likes the view too, although Al, the big dog behind him, might not understand what all the fuss is about.

Right before Dingo decided to over-zealously fall into the creek between the two logs you see Ryan using as a bridge.

Can you feel how calm it was there?

Heading out ...Wooby, our blind Malamute used to walk those logs from end to end every time he was on this hike!

This is the meadow by the trailhead!! It was so green and beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kudos, Sweets! It was a rough one. Feeling better every day!
ILY
Mom