Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hexagons!

So I have been completely crazy about hexagons lately. I checked out a book on vintage quilts at the library a week ago, and one tiny little template turned into hours of cutting out hexagons :)

Here are some photos of my progress so far ...and how I am putting them together.





To make these:
•create a hexagon template that is the size you need of the finished hexagon, cut out a few of those on card stock.
•add a generous 1/4" seam allowance to the original template, cut one or two of these out on card stock.
•apply tape to the back of the larger template and cut, cut, cut your favorite fabrics ...don't worry, this is fun!
•iron the cut-out pieces over the smaller template ...a very tedious task, watch out for your fingers!
•sew all the wonderful hexagons together starting with the central one and working your way out.

If you are having trouble with getting this started, let me know and I will send you some templates of my own!

xo,
Sk

No comments: