Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Pie and Coffee

One of the things that I have always loved doing is settling down into a booth at a diner and drinking loads of coffee while entertaining myself with various things including people, homework, my computer ..maybe a game or two.



In high school it was JB's, and because we got away with smoking in the back room, were too young to do much and lived in a small town, we spent countless hours there. Probably harassing the staff and making a nuisance of ourselves. But isn't that what teenagers do?



Through college it was the Village Inn. The smoking and coffee stayed the same, but now we brought homework. I don't think we were near as much of a nuisance, but on occasion we might end up there drunk in the wee hours of the morning, laughing hysterically, and recounting the nights events.



After this there was a fleet of random coffee houses throughout the towns I lived in, but every now and then a diner would fall into the mix and I would feel at home again.



I still find comfort in the thoughts of these diners, and last night I felt an overwhelming urge to go to a diner, and sit ...and drink loads of coffee while consuming pie ...that I could actually afford!

No comments: